Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My research topic


I am still keeping the topic I wrote about before. I really never have been comfortable writing about medical cannabis, I was always afraid to write about the subject in public school. I didn’t want my teachers to think I smoked cannabis. Plus I feared my principal calling my dad saying “we think your son is a drug addict.” No that’s not the case. My grandma has leukemia dormant in her blood and she use to take a lot of pain killers, which caused a bunch of other problems in her body. When medical cannabis was legalized in Michigan she got her medical cannabis card. I never really knew why it was legalized until the last paper we wrote.
The last paper was the only research I have ever done on medical cannabis. I didn’t know about all the harm a pain killer could do to someones body I just knew they were bad if they weren't prescribed to you. I learned about a lot about some of the side effects and how addicting they can be. To be honest I never listened to any of the stay away from drugs talks we had in school. My mindset was I never wanted to take them so why should I care about what the speaker is saying. But I have changed after seeing how a schedule I drug has medical purposes. What I think I'm going to argue is that medical cannabis is a safer alternative then most prescription medications doctors prescribe have today.



No comments:

Post a Comment